We always endeavour to provide the best service for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things right as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call, write or email us.
We aim to respond within 7 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted Traders in the first instance on 0117 456 6032.
Platinum Promise can take necessary steps to put work right in the event that an installer is no longer registered, or has ceased trading.
The Platinum Promise can be used if:
The contractor was registered with NICEIC for the type of work undertaken at the time the installation was complete.
The work has been fully completed within the last six years.
The Platinum Promise is subject to the following conditions & exclusions:
- If the work is older than six years
- If there is insufficient evidence to determine fault
- If other warranties or complaint processes supersede those of NICEIC or ELECSA
- The cost of rectifying any consequential damage associated with the claim
- The cost of rectifying any work or elements of work which fall beyond the activities for which the installer was registered with NICEIC or ELECSA (scope of certification) at the time of installation
- Any reduction in value or loss of enjoyment use, income, profit or opportunity inconvenience distress or any other kind of consequential or economic loss
- Any breakdown failure or inefficiency of machinery, boilers, computers or any other equipment/products
- Rectification of work required due to the use of defective, or inappropriate materials which were correctly installed
- That part of any claim where NICEIC’s or ELECSA’s right of recovery is restricted by any contract
- The cost of routine maintenance overhaul or modification or loss or damage arising therefrom
- Loss caused by fair wear and tear, sunlight, storm or deterioration due to neglect in maintenance, shrinkage, dampness or condensation due to normal drying out or attributable to any central heating installation a non-existent or ineffective damp-proof course
- Any loss liability damage or defect caused by any peril capable of being insured under a commercial liability property household or similar policy of insurance whether or not such insurance is effective or in force at the time
- Any loss destruction damage liability or expense of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with war, terrorism, nuclear or radioactive contamination risks
- NICEIC or ELECSA are required to appoint all 3rd parties to conduct remedial works, claims cannot be made retrospectively unless prior agreement in writing has been obtained
- NICEIC & ELECSA will not complete unfinished contracted work
- Access must be provided by the claimant in a reasonable time frame. Should this not be granted we reserve the right to reject the claim
- You must notify us in advance of any other claims being pursued in conjunction with Platinum Promise
- In relation to an MCS installation, a MCS commissioning certificate must be provided before a claim can be accepted
- NICEIC & Elecsa reserve the right to refuse to accept a claim at our discrection
If you are unsatisfied with our handling of the claim once a final decision has been determined, you can write to us at our head office address.