Automation and Electrical in Cambridge
Our client Steph Martlew approached us to help her install numerous Smart Home automation upgrades, overall electrical improvements as well as a new and more powerful Wifi network for her home and garden studio.
With multiple rooms and an external area of the property in which the client required new features, we needed to be careful to introduce the new systems without disrupting existing structures, whilst not compromising on quality.
The client asked us to fit numerous audio-visual systems including a projector, as well as provide power for an electric shower, water heater and towel radiator, and set up power isolation for the fridge and freezer in the kitchen.
The client also had some very specific requests including being able to manage lighting, heating and audio-visual componentry using mobiles as well as in-room switches, and wanted hard-cabled connectivity to the internet in the external studio room.
Using a combination of control systems, we installed a series of home automation upgrades and electrical solutions including:
- Numerous new power sockets and points throughout the property, as well as isolation switch and power for the fridge and freezer.
- A 5.1 Surround Sound system and Epsom projector and screen using Monitor audio speakers and sub-woofer. We also installed all necessary HDMI cabling for the AV system.
- New integrated lighting and underfloor heating systems managed from on-wall switches and thermostats as well as via mobile app.
- Motion-sensor security light and three soffit lights installed in the garden for security and feature lighting.
- Hard-wired data cabling and full access point Wifi upgrades to ensure consistent high-speed internet throughout property.
- Power points for electric shower, water heater and towel rail.
All lighting in the studio can be controlled by mobile app, and includes a one-click on/off button for convenience.